Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I will follow Him and He will lead.

So lately I have been confronted with how much the Lord wants to lead us and how He longs for us to follow Him.
I did a bible discussion on following Him and I used these passages: Matt 4:18 While Jesus was walking along the shore of Lake Galilee, he saw two brothers. One was Simon, also known as Peter, and the other was Andrew. They were fishermen, and they were casting their net into the lake. 19 Jesus said to them,Come with me! I will teach you how to bring in people instead of fish.20 Right then the two brothers dropped their nets and went with him.
21 Jesus walked on until he saw James and John, the sons of Zebedee. They were in a boat with their father, mending their nets. Jesus asked them to come with him too. 22 Right away they left the boat and their father and went with Jesus.
Mark 10:17 As Jesus was walking down a road, a man ran up to him. He knelt down, and asked, Good teacher, what can I do to have eternal life?18 Jesus replied, Why do you call me good? Only God is good.
19 You know the commandments. Do not murder. Be faithful in marriage. Do not steal. Do not tell lies about others. Do not cheat. Respect your father and mother.
20 The man answered, Teacher, I have obeyed all these commandments since I was a young man.21 Jesus looked closely at the man. He liked him and said, There's one thing you still need to do. Go sell everything you own. Give the money to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven. Then come with me.
Luke 9:23 Then Jesus said to all the people:
If any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself. You must take up your cross each day and follow me.
24 If you want to save your life, and yourself.you will destroy it. But if you give up your life for me, you will save it. John 21:19 Jesus said this to tell how Peter would die and bring honor to God. Then he said to Peter, Follow me! 20 Peter turned and saw Jesus' favorite disciple following them. He was the same one who had sat next to Jesus at the meal and had asked, Lord, who is going to betray you?21 When Peter saw that disciple, he asked Jesus, Lord, what about him? 22 Jesus answered, What is it to you, if I want him to live until I return? You must follow me.
And I just noticed how much of a daily decision it is to follow Him. And that saying I will follow You once is not enough, for you will forget it. And He keeps reminding us to follow Him from the beginning to the end. And the today in training we where talking about how the Lord is willing to lead us and how in the bible you can see that He does chose to lead. And that He will keep doing so, for what good is following with out a good leader.
We have a great God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home